A compilation of industry resources for our museum community.
- American Alliance of Museums (AAM)
- American Association of State and Local History
- The Association for Living History, Farm and Agricultural Museums
- International Council of Museums (ICOM)
- Southeastern Museums Association (SEMC) - Membership organization that serves 12 states throughout the Southeast, including Alabama
- Alabama Historical Commission (AHC) - Preservation and archaeology-based projects
- Alabama Humanities Foundation (AHF) - Humanities-based projects
- The Alabama State Council on the Arts (ASCA)
- [Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) - Independent grant-making agency of the federal government] (http://www.imls.gov)
Disaster Response - we can help you!
Contact AMA statewide disaster coordinator, Ryan Blocker
334.415.1074 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disaster Response Related Web Resources
- Disaster Response Related Books
- Media Coverage Tips
- Pocket Response Plan Template
- Alabama Museums Disaster Response Questionnaire
- AL.com (www.alabamamediagroup.com/about/contact/)
- National Arts and Disability Center (NADC):
The NADC promotes the full inclusion of artists and audiences with disabilities into all facets of the arts community. Promote your inclusive arts event, class, workshop, or conference for free.
- CooL Conservation OnLine:
Full text library for the conservation of library, archives, and museum materials
- Alabama Department of Archives and History (ADAH)
- Sustaining Places - An online encyclopedia of resources for small museums and historical organizations
- Museum Security Network - Breaking news on stolen works, vandalism, stories focusing on museum security. Subscribe to receive up-to-the-minute news delivered via e-mail.
- Statistics compiled by the American Alliance of Museums